This mapset contains Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Slovenia, S. Germany, NE French Alps, N. Italy, NW. Croatia. Please note that Alpine Hiking trails (>T3) and Via Ferratas (Klettersteige) are not routable!
if you don't see any files
Click Downloads & Installation:
To accelarate the download, use a download manager or a download plugin for your browser (like Firefox's add-on Down-them-all
or Free Download Manager
- Unpack the OFM_Alps(dd-mm-yy).zip file and place the
Openfietsmap(Alps) folder to a location of your choice, e.g.
- Existing files from a previous version can be overwritten.
- Run install.exe to install the map for Mapsource/Basecamp.
You can safely move the map later to another location and run
install.exe again to update it in Mapsource's register.
Alternative installation use the gmap procedure below:
Mac OSX (gmap format):
- Install and run Javawa's Mapconverter to convert and install the zip file.
- Just drag and drop the zip file on this tool is all. Also compatible for Windows users.
- Please note that this procedure needs at least 3 Gb free disk space.
Read the tips & tricks section how to use the maps
- Unpack OFM_Alps(gmapsupp_dd-mm-yy).zip and copy the garmin folder
on a microSD card or copy the gmapsupp.img in a garmin folder on the
internal drive of the GPS
- On modern GPS units you can give the gmapsupp.img a different filename.img
- Do not copy different versions of the same mapset onto the micro SD card or GPS, otherwise the map will not show!