posted Mar 15, 2014, 2:54 AM by OpenFietsMap *
updated Mar 15, 2014, 5:47 AM
Update OFM Benelux Full/Light/Hiking layer, Germany
Routing in Basecamp / newer GPS devices further improved, the settings are now almost the same as in Mapsource.
Now it is not necessary anymore to use the car profile for cycling.
-Setting the activity to car is now optimized for racing bikes (will avoid most unpaved roads)
-Activity for cycling will not avoid unpaved, unless you select unpaved avoidance
-Bridleways / designated horse tracks (sand) are now routable for pedestrians (suitable for horseback riding)
Some recommended profile settings in Basecamp:
- Do not avoid interstate/major/state highways because those are the cycleways and -routes!
- Faster time: routing will use more cycling routes (scenic detours)
- Shorter distance: routing will seek the shortest route
- Selection of unpaved road avoidance is optional.
- Avoidance of cable cars, narrow trails, date and time closures are not supported
- This type of cycling will seek the cycle routes, to select this one needs to set toll roads avoidance on.
- This is not available in the bicycle profile, so you need to use the motorcar or car profiles:
- Use this activity for cycling in cities (ignores oneway traffic) , walking, horseback riding etc
- Most bugs in older versions (not routing across map tiles, unroutable bridleways) are solved.